New to resistance? Attend your congressperson’s local townhall.
Now check out some more actions below!
Attend a townhall (1 hour)
Your congresspeople were elected to represent the interests of YOU and your constituency. Your senators and representatives should host townhalls to discuss issues that matter to their constituents.
Is your congressperson missing? (2 hours)
- If your congresspeople refuse to meet with constituents, you can meet without them. Host an empty chair town hall to voice your questions. Check out Indivisible’s guide for empty chair townhalls.
- Send out a search party! Post MISSING flyers outside of your member’s local office, in a coffee shop, around your campus, and throughout your community. Download files for Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, North Carolina (Sen. Tillis and Sen. Burr), Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
Share the message in your community (2 hours)
- Tabling or petitioning at community events like festivals, gatherings, and cookouts is a great way to spread the message while having fun.
- We can help provide materials for petitioning and tabling — just let us know what you need!
- Plug into existing resistance events.
- Here are printable talking points about Trump’s Global Gag Rule, UNFPA, and funding for global reproductive health and family planning:
Host a house party, happy hour, or cookout (3 hours)
- Host a house party, happy hour, or cookout to talk with your friends about the dangerous effects of Trump’s Global Gag Rule and why they should support the Global HER Act.
- Check out our our Party Guide for ideas about activities and talking points.
- Invite friends over to write letters or call your congresspeople. It’s a great way to increase engagement and have all of your voices heard.
- Post about your event in Team PopConn afterward — we’d love to hear your stories!