Membership Relations Fellow
Population Connection Action Fund seeks a Membership Relations Fellow to support the Membership Relations & Development teams in their effort to engage Population Connection Action Fund’s membership base.
Based in Population Connection Action Fund’s San Diego office, the Development and Membership Relations teams cultivate relationships with donors and encourage their further participation through giving or volunteering.
The primary function for our Membership Relations Fellow will be to assist with outreach and relationship building with our members and prospective members. The Fellow will also perform other general administrative tasks as assigned.
We seek a motivated team player with excellent writing and verbal communication skills. The right candidate will be dedicated to reproductive rights and environmental protection.
Goals and Activities:
- Assisting the with Membership Relations team with outreach, relationship building, and raising awareness about global population growth
- Supporting team with event preparation and outreach
- Conducting research to identify community events suitable for membership involvement, as well as major national events such as marches, rallies, and Earth Day festivals to engage our members
- Supporting team in communicating with members via phone, email, and paper mail
- Monitoring and maintaining general condition of office and office supplies; assisting with general office administration such as processing invoices
- Assisting with special projects based on education, previous experience, and career goals
- Background and interest in global population, reproductive health and rights, or protecting the environment; must be fully pro-choice
- Must be comfortable spending a significant amount of time on the phone
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Previous community organizing and/or activism experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills, and computer proficiency
Paid Fellowship is available October 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018. Position will be full-time with paid health and dental benefits.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to Shauna Scherer at email@example.com. Please state “Membership Relations Fellow” in the subject line.
This position will be eligible for health and dental insurance, as well as paid annual and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
Membership Service Assistant
Population Connection Action Fund, a membership-based organization with over 40,000 donor-members, is seeking an individual with experience providing exceptional customer service to join the Membership Services Department at its headquarters in Washington, D.C. This department is responsible for all member services activities, including processing donations and annual membership dues.
Primary responsibilities involve a high volume of data entry; administrative support for membership retention, service, and acquisition; database management of member requests via mail, email, and telephone; and a variety of other administrative tasks.
- Strong experience in a member or client services capacity or environment and high volume data entry/database management experience.
- Experience working in a membership services organization/division of a non-profit organization or association is highly preferred.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to communicate with individuals in person, on the phone and via email.
- Well-developed problem solving and organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines with ease, and at the same time be flexible and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Excellent follow-up skills and ability to accurately and quickly proof work product.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications and web-based programs are required.
- Candidates with Money Maker database experience will be giving first consideration.
- Minimum AA degree required.
- Typing 55 wpm minimum required.
No calls please.
Email cover letter and resume (letter may be included in the body of the email) to Jessica Duarte, Membership Manager, at Jessica@popconnect.org. Cc. Maria Orozco, Director of Administration and Membership Service, at Maria@popconnect.org. Please reference “Membership Service Assistant” in your subject line.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary: $40,000 – $43,000
Benefits: Health, dental, life insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer match, holiday pay, generous sick pay and annual leave.
Population Connection Action Fund offers fellowships in Washington, D.C. for recent college graduates and graduate students with a special interest in population issues. Each fellow has a responsible role working with a specific department and becomes an essential part of that department’s staff.
Email cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample (1-3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowships are full-time. Compensation is $1,500 (before taxes), paid every two weeks. Fellows earn 3 hours of annual leave and 7 hours of sick leave per pay period. Full medical and dental insurance coverage is offered to fellows who are permanent residents or citizens of the United States.