Population Connection Action Fund is:
- Raising awareness of the need to stabilize world population at a level that can be sustained by Earth’s resources;
- Fighting to ensure that everyone in the world has access to comprehensive reproductive health care, including the full range of contraceptives and safe abortion care;
- Mobilizing our grassroots base to advocate for progressive reproductive health policies at the federal level; and
- Endorsing candidates who support everyone’s right to control their own reproductive destinies.
Our main legislative priorities are to:
- Increase U.S. foreign aid for international family planning to $1.6 billion a year, including $111 million for UNFPA (the United Nations Population Fund);
- Institute a permanent legislative ban on the Global Gag Rule via the Global HER Act; and
- End the prohibition on foreign aid for abortion services overseas via the Abortion is Health Care Everywhere Act, which would repeal the Helms Amendment.