Population Connection Action is:
- Fighting to ensure that every woman in the world has access to affordable, effective, and appropriate contraceptives;
- Educating American citizens and public officials about the impacts of population growth and the benefits of real investment in reproductive health and family planning;
- Mobilizing our grassroots base to advocate for effective policies;
- Electing candidates who support the right of all women to control their own lives and defeating those who oppose it.
Our main legislative priorities are to:
- Increase U.S. foreign aid for international family planning to $1 billion a year, including what we contribute to UNFPA (the United Nations Population Fund);
- Institute a permanent legislative ban on the Global Gag Rule; and
- End the prohibition on USAID-funded abortion services overseas (repeal the Helms Amendment).