Population Connection Action Fund is a unique organization with a professional and dedicated staff that is passionate about population stabilization, environmental protection, social justice, and health and well-being.
National Field Manager
We are seeking a dynamic field management and advocacy professional to strengthen a grassroots base that will take action in favor of a greater U.S. investment in international family planning programs. The key duties include:
- Manage field efforts of the #Fight4HER campaign, including recruitment, volunteer mobilization, and execution of advocacy events
- Work with the field and outreach department to create and implement #Fight4HER campaign priorities and goals, including developing objectives, timelines, and activities.
- Manage the Advocacy and Outreach Fellow and summer Field and Outreach Intern.
- Develop and manage relationships with volunteers and partnerships with community organizations in target states.
- Mobilize new and existing activists to support Population Connection’s legislative goals.
- Coordinate and speak at a variety of advocacy events and speaking engagements.
- Engage with reproductive health, rights, and justice organizations and incorporate reproductive rights and justice concepts into field/grassroots work.
- Communicate with Population Connection and Population Connection Action Fund members and supporters seeking information and volunteering opportunities.
- Manage a database of over 56,000 users to produce timely action alerts, including 2-5 monthly blast emails, SMS, and peer-to-peer text action alerts using digital and data tools: Phone2Action, Action Network, Action Builder, Hustle, and Luminate.
- Create and manage compelling digital content projects, social graphics, logos, and videos.
- Write blog posts and articles for the Population Connection magazine to advance policy priorities and highlight work in the field.
Capitol Hill Days
- Plan and execute Capitol Hill Days through event promotion, registration processing, participant coordination, and program development, as well as scholarship applicant review and selection, travel coordination, rally logistics, and hotel logistics for in person Capitol Hill Days events.
International and Domestic Coalition Building
- Coordinate participation in a wide range of local, national, and international conferences and events related to women’s empowerment, progressive issues, and reproductive health and rights.
- Manage partnerships with SRHR organizations around the world to advance advocacy goals.
- Work in progressive coalitions to support rapid response activities.
- Manage partnerships for DC advocacy events, including rallies, direct actions, protests, and Pride festivals.
- strong experience with grassroots organizing or related work
- excellent organizational and communications skills
- experience supervising or managing staff
- proficiency with MS office software and databases
- interest in progressive causes including women’s empowerment, reproductive health, and/or environmental justice
Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample (1-3 pages) to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Population Connection Action Fund provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Population Connection Action Fund hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Population Connection Action Fund reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the organization. This applies to all applicants and staff members.
Population Connection Action Fund also provides a work environment in which each staff member is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all staff members in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Population Connection Action Fund is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organization’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Population Connection Action Fund’s diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, promotions, transfers between departments, social and recreational programs, layoffs, terminations, and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for diversity
All employees of Population Connection Action Fund have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times. All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other organization-sponsored and participative events.