New to resistance? Sign our petition to support the Global HER Act, which would permanently repeal the Global Gag Rule.
Now check out some more actions below.
Engage on social media (30 seconds)
- Use hashtags like #TrumpGlobalGag, #Fight4HER, #ReproRights, and #FamilyPlanning to make sure your Twitter content is seen beyond your feed. For more info, check out our social media cheat sheet.
- Mention other people’s Twitter handles and Facebook profiles, including your congresspeople. Here’s a great example from Kathy of Aurora, CO:
— Kathy Obear (@KathyObear) August 5, 2017
Call your congresspeople (1 minute)
- We made calling your senators and representatives easy for you. Follow this link to connect directly with your congresspeople.
- You can also call the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121 to have them connect you to your congressperson. Use this call script if you’re not sure what to say.
- Follow up after your call. Send an email to your congresspeople (find your representative’s contact information or your senator’s contact information) to thank them for their time and reiterate how you’d like them to vote.
Visit your congressperson’s office (1 hour)
- To schedule an appointment, call your congressperson’s office and ask to speak directly to a scheduler. Be sure to mention that you are a constituent.
- Be persistent — they might give you the scheduler’s email or ask you to call back — that’s OK!
- Be prepared — read these Talking Points to learn more about Trump’s Global Gag Rule and practice what you will say.
- Check out our full lobby guide for more information.
Bird dog your congresspeople (1 hour)
- Use this resource to keep track of what your congresspeople are up to and bird dog them at their events.
- “Bird dogging” is when you seek out your elected officials and ask them questions on the record. This is a great way to share the message, especially when so many congresspeople are refusing to meet with their constituents.
- Read our full bird dogging guide with some tips and sample questions about Trump’s Global Gag Rule.