The Summer of HER (Health, Empowerment, and Rights) is a 10-week field project of the #Fight4HER campaign beginning on June 1 and running through the end of the summer. Organizers in nine cities and their summer fellows will work to build support to end Trump’s Global Gag Rule in their communities.
Activists will work to convince members of Congress to stand up to the Trump administration and fight for comprehensive reproductive health care and family planning for individuals around the world through:
- Collecting petitions in support of the Global HER Act
- Recruiting and training new volunteers
- Organizing pressure events including rallies, petition drops
- Garnering support for pro-family planning champions
- Landing media hits in local news outlets to spread the word about the campaign
- Building coalitions with progressive organizations